We’re right in the middle of the holiday party season. Being a person in recovery can be particularly difficult during this time. It seems like everything revolves around drinking alcohol.
Here are some yummy drink recipes, that are also alcohol free, that anyone can enjoy.
Pink Grapefruit “Margaritas” (Serves 6)
- 2 tablespoons colored sanding sugar (sanding sugar is a large-grain decorative sugar; granulated sugar may be substituted.)
- 1 lime
- 6 teaspoons pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- Place sanding sugar in a shallow dish or plate. Slice six thin rounds from the middle of lime; set aside. Rub lime wedge around rims of six glasses; dip each rim in sugar to coat. Pour 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup into bottom of each glass.
- Place grapefruit juice and 2 cups ice cubes in a blender. Process on high speed until ice is crushed. Pour frozen mixture into glasses, and stir to combine with syrup. Garnish with reserved lime rounds, and serve immediately.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Pink Grapefruit “Margaritas” – Martha Stewart Recipes
Apple Sparkler (serves 5)
- 1 tablespoon red or green colored sugar (optional)
- 10 unpeeled orange wedges or chunks
- 5 unpeeled lime wedges or chunks
- 5 6-inch wooden skewers
- 2/3 cup raspberry juice blend
- 1 750 ml bottle sparkling apple cider or sparkling pear-apple juice, chilled
- Sprinkle colored sugar on a piece of waxed paper. Moisten the rims of five wine glasses, one at a time, with a little water. Dip each rim in sugar and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to dry.
- For fruit garnish, place 2 orange wedges and 1 lime wedge onto each skewer; set aside.
- Divide raspberry juice blend among prepared wine glasses. Being careful not to disturb the sugar on the rim, gently pour sparkling cider into each glass. Place a citrus skewer in each glass.
Read more at BHG.com: Apple Sparkler Recipe
Spiced Holiday Tea Recipe (serves 4 )
- 2 cups water
- 3 tea bags (unflavored black tea)
- 4 star anise
- 1 3-inch-long cinnamon stick
- 1 cup passion fruit nectar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling. Add tea bags, anise, and cinnamon stick. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and cinnamon stick. Stir in nectar, honey, and lemon juice. Heat through.
- Pour tea mixture into four heat-proof cups, floating a star anise on top of each.
Read more at BHG.com: Spiced Holiday Tea Recipe
Have a non-alcoholic holiday drink recipe of your own? Please share in the comments section!