The following unedited entry comes from a discussion in Crossroads for Women’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) on the things they are all gaining in their recovery.
Things we are gaining in recovery:
- Peace lies within you
- Good things happen when you do good things
- Listen to your higher power
- The more you put into your recovery the more you get back
- If you want self esteem do estimable acts
- Sober supports are key
- Take healthy risks
- It is safe to feel and share feelings
- You grow a conscience in recovery
- Say goodbye to your drug of choice
- You can learn to deal with feelings without using
- It is easier to share thoughts and feelings in a recovery group for women
- Hard Work…Really Work
The women of Crossroads for Women’s IOP share their thoughts on a regular basis on this blog in hopes of helping other women in recovery.