Crossroads is offering an aftercare outpatient therapy group for women who have completed some substance abuse treatment and are taking action to maintain their sobriety. Groups are held at Greater Portland Counseling Center in Scarborough, Maine.
The Aftercare Group (TAG) provides supportive aftercare once a week. Themes of the group may include: interrupting relapse warning signs, healthy relationships, communication, money and self-sufficiency, community, spirituality and service, supportive daily practices, manifesting hopes and dreams, managing stress and sober fun. TAG is facilitated by Andie Wishman, LCSW.
Joining an aftercare group is a way for women to:
- Talk about the challenges of early sobriety that they may not be able to express in 12 step groups (like your fears about such groups or barriers to getting there)
- Foster connections made in treatment to support ongoing recovery
- Develop female sober supports
- Discuss recovery specific topics within a supportive group with access to resources
- Know that you have a safe therapeutic space to share with women while still learning to navigate in the early recovery process
Come join other women in recovery!
The Aftercare Group (TAG) – Scarborough
when: Tuesdays, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
counselor: Andie Wishman, LCSW
where: Greater Portland Counseling Center, 71 US Route One, Suite E, Scarborough
FMI: 207.773.9931 or email
Find more gender-specific outpatient therapy group options for men and women on our website.
Crossroads accepts MaineCare, Medicare, private insurance and self-pay.